- 2 center cut salmon fillets (about 2.5″ wide)
- 4 slices of thick cut bacon
- Tomato Slices
- Lettuce, rinsed and dried
- French baguette
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven 375°F and line a rimmed sheet pan with foil.
- Lay bacon on sheet pan in a single layer, keeping bacon top one side (needs to be room for the salmon to be added later)
- Bake the bacon for 8 minutes. While waiting for bacon, brush the fillets with oil on one side and then add thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Add the salmon to the pan and return to oven to cook for another 12 minutes, until the bacon is browned and the salmon is opaque throughout.
- Lightly pat meat with paper towel to remove excess bacon grease and then assemble the sandwich using lettuce, tomato, and mayo.