- 26-30 inch pike, filleted (about 3/4 lbs)
- 1/2 C panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/2 green onion, thinly sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven 350°F
- Lightly salt and pepper the fish, then place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove fish from oven and place in a large bowl. Using a fork, separate the fish into small pieces.
- Add the remainder of the cake ingredients to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add enough oil to coat the bottom. Once shimmering, and 1/4 C of the mixture at a time to create cakes, flattening them in the pan to about 1/2″ as you go.
- Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to remove excess oil.
- Serve with thai chili sauce and sour cream.