- 16 oz. elk round steak, chopped into bite sized cubes
- Low sodium beef broth (enough to cover the meat in the slow cooker)
- Cajun seasoning
- Garlic cloves, peeled
- Garlic Salt
- Red Skin potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- Baby carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped into cubes
- Cut all silver skin and fat off elk sirloin, roast or steak.
- Coat the elk meat with cajun seasoning and garlic salt.
- Add meat, garlic cloves, and chopped onion into crock pot. Submerge everything in low sodium beef broth.
- Cook for 4 hours on low heat with the lid closed.
- Add your potatos and carrots and cook for an additional 4 hours on low heat.
- Plate and serve when meat is tender and falling apart and enjoy!