- Brook Trout, gutted and thoroughly cleaned
- Olive oil, extra virgin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges small enough to fit inside your fish
- Dill sprigs
- ½ white onion, halved and sliced
- Warm water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare a baking dish by lightly coating it with olive oil.
- Lightly salt and pepper the cavity of each fish.
- Place trout on oiled baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Stuff each fish with 2 sprigs of dill, a lemon wedge and onion slices.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Add a couple tablespoons of water to the dish (this prevents the fish from drying out).
Continue baking until the fish flakes easy with a fork, about 10 more minutes.