EPISODE 3 – Poached Morning Dove With Sautéed Onions & Mushrooms
- 4 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- sprig rosemary
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 pint crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 doves, breasted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the chicken broth and rosemary to a saucepan over high heat.
- Heat the butter and oil in a skillet over medium heat. You’ll know the oil is ready when it starts to shimmer.
- Add the mushrooms, onions and tomatoes to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally.
- Once the chicken stock is boiling, remove it from heat and add the dove breasts. Let sit in the broth for 12 minutes.
- Continue to stir the contents of the skillet while the breasts poach.
- Once the twelve minutes is up, plate the onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes and top with the breasts.
- Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!