Episode 08 – Python/Rattlesnake Chili
- 1 lb. python or rattlesnake meat
- 1 28 oz. can chili beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 15 oz. can of yellow corn, drained
- 1 small white onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups of water
- If you haven’t already, debone the snake. If you have extra time, you can make this easier by simmering the meat first in water with the juice from 1 lemon for an hour. This will help separate the meat from the bones.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the deboned snake, into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce heat to low and maintain a simmer for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours spoon into a bowl and enjoy!