Episode 06 – Spicy Pan Fried Peacock Bass
- 2 peacock bass fillets
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 Tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium white onions peeled and quartered
- ½ pt. grape tomatoes, quartered
- 14 oz can of corn, drained
- 1 jalapeño, finely minced
- 1 c water Chopped cilantro, to taste
- Mix the lime juice, vinegar, salt and coat the fish, working the mixture into the fish; let it sit for at least 3 minutes.
- Dry the fish off and then coat the fish with the flour.
- In a saute pan over medium heat, bring the oil up to temp (you’ll see wavy lines on the surface of the oil) and add the fillets, one at a time, and brown on all sides.
- Remove from the pan and set the fish on a paper towel lined plate.
- Using a large saucepan, melt the butter.
- Once it is melted, add the garlic, onion, tomato, green pepper and corn.
- Saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then add the water and cilantro.
- Bring to a boil and cook for a 3-5 more minutes, allowing the sauce to reduce slightly.
- Serve while hot.