EPISODE 2 – Bear Stew
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 bear tenderloin, chopped into stew sized chunks (remove the fat)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups beef broth, low sodium
- 14 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 3-4 carrots, roughly chopped
- In a stock pot over medium heat, add olive oil.
- In a bowl, salt and pepper the bear and then add enough flour to coat the meat
- Once oil is hot, add bear meat and brown on all sides.
- Remove the meat from the pot and set aside.
- Add onion to pot and cook until translucent.
- Add celery, thyme, and garlic to pot and cook while stirring for 1-2 minutes until garlic is fragrant.
- Pour in beef broth and stir with a spatula, making sure to scrap the bottom of the pot to incorporate all the flavor from browning the meat.
- Add the bear, crushed tomatoes, and bay leaf to the stew.
- Allow to simmer for 30 minutes, then add the carrots.
Cook for an additional 30 minutes. Serve!